SHM remains at the forefront of the healthcare industry, driving it to provide and improve the best possible care for patients in the hospital and as they transition to the outpatient setting.
Main Meeting Schedule and Tracks
Click the schedule above to view track descriptions, download a printable version of the HM15 Day-At-A-Glance schedule and plan your personal HM15 experience.
Hospitalists on the Hill
Make an impact on the legislative process. Join SHM and fellow hospitalists on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC to speak out on the issues important to hospital medicine. Meet with legislators and share personal experiences as a hospitalist.
- NEW! One-Day Young Hospitalists Track
- Research, Innovations and Clinical Vignettes (RIV) Competition – Monday, March 30, 2015
- NEW! Trainee Award category for resident and student authors to achieve further recognition for their work within each category.
- NEW! Career Fair – Meet staffing companies and recruiters during the Poster Competition.
- Medical Students/Residents Forum – Monday, March 30, 2015 – Noon – 1:10 p.m.
- Connect with other HM15 resident attendees before, during and after the meeting with the Hospital Medicine Exchange (HMX).
- The Pediatric Track focuses on pediatric hospitalist practice management as well as current clinical issues encountered by pediatric hospitalists.
- Pediatric Hospitalists Special Interest Forum – Monday, March 30, 2015, 4:05
- Pediatric Update: Top Articles in Pediatric Hospital Medicine 2014 – Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- The Practice Management Track features topics including hospitalists and observation care, virtual care in the acute setting, innovative hospitalist staffing models and case studies in improving patient experience.
- Practice Management Pre-Course: “Where the Rubber Meets the Road: Managing in the Era of Healthcare Reform” – Sunday, March 29, 2015
- Administrators in Hospital Medicine Special Interest Forum – Monday, March 30, 2015, 4:05 – 5:00 p.m.
SHM Fellows enjoy exclusive access to the Fellows Lounge at Hospital Medicine 2015
Special fellows-only benefits include:
- A great place to relax and network
- Light snacks
- Internet Access
Induction of the 2015 Class of Fellows will be held Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
- The Academic/Research Track is a combined track for hospitalists who practice in academic medical centers and face unique challenges, as well as for hospitalists in any setting interested in research.
- The Workshop Tracks includes research and academic topics submitted by members that are relevant to hospital medicine and have been peer reviewed.
- Academic Hospital Medicine Leadership Summit 2015 – Sunday, March 29, 2015
- Academic Hospitalist Special Interest Forum – Monday, March 30, 2015, 4:05 – 5:00 p.m.
- Research, Innovations and Clinical Vignettes (RIV) Competition– Monday, March 30, 2015
- Early-Career Academic Hospitalist Speed-Mentoring Session – Tuesday, March 31, 2015
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Special Interest Forum – Monday, March 30, 2015, 4:05 – 5:00 p.m.
Call for HM15 Scientific Abstracts
New this year: The RIV competition will have a Patient Experience theme. While abstracts on all topics are still welcome, abstracts on theme will be specially highlighted at the meeting. Depending on the decision of the reviewers, abstracts can be selected for a poster, oral or plenary presentation.
Please visit the submission site for full details. To ensure success, SHM strongly recommends that you complete your submission well ahead of the deadline of Wednesday, December 10, 2014, at 11:30 PM, EST.
Good luck with your abstract.
Why Attend HM15
- Make a connection. Network with more than 3,000 hospital medicine professionals.
- Take advantage of expanded educations opportunities. Choose from ten learning tracks and seven intense Pre-Courses.
- Attend Hospitalists on the Hill— Advocate for issues important to hospital medicine.
- Earn CME credit. Get the credit you need in just four days.
- Gain knowledge and inspiration from the latest research, best practices and innovations in the field that you can immediately apply to improve patient care.
- HM15 is the ONLY meeting dedicated to hospital medicine professionals.
“The breadth and depth of the content and conversation at the annual meetings amaze me every year. Hospitalists are setting the tone for national conversations on quality, safety, inpatient medical education and hospital medicine research. For inpatient healthcare providers, this is THE conference to attend.”
“The chance to compare rounds scope of practice, structure, and scheduling with hospitalist colleagues from around the country was invaluable.”
“I enjoyed the variety of both clinical and non-clinical subjects offered at HM14. The presenters are the best in their fields, and having the opportunity to learn from them was amazing.”
“HM14 had a truly great offering of pre-courses ranging from ones focused on practice management to evidence-based management to advanced subspecialties such as cardiology and neurology. Many of the Pre-Courses were also hands-on including ultrasound and procedures training for hospitalists. Based on the high attendance at these courses, it was clear they were well-received by conference attendees. I am looking forward to seeing what exciting pre-courses HM15 will offer.”
“I was impressed about the diversity of hospitalists that came to HM14 and the culture of this large group was one of enthusiasm, energy and genuine interest in how hospital medicine is done across disciplines and in different geographic regions. There was a strong sentiment of respect and learning from each other. With this kind of mentality it is no wonder that hospital medicine has enjoyed such rapid growth and success.”
“I love being a part of the hospitalist movement”
“The Exhibit Hall was great for learning about new products”
“The educational sessions and networking opportunities were extremely valuable”
“I really enjoyed the Practice Administrator track – all administrators could benefit greatly from these sessions”